Covid-19 pandemic has not over yet and the number of cases are still increasing globally. Governments of different countries have tried their best to control the situation by implementing lockdown, however, considering the economic conditions, governments are now opening businesses and workplaces in phases. Even the cities with the highest number of cases are now allowed to open.
Due to this, most of the businesses have started their offices and people are now required go to their workplaces. Thus the risk of getting affected due to coronavirus has also increased and therefore, it has become important for people to know what they should be doing on a regular basis to stay healthy & immune during the coronavirus pandemic.
This article is here to help you understand the 10 most important things you can do to lower the chances of getting affected from this disease.
- Take care of your mental health. This is the very first and the most important things during these days because if you will be mentally strong your health will be at its best.There are certain things that you can do to keep your mental health in a good state. You can stay connected with your loved ones. Video-calls and messaging has now made it easier to stay connected socially.
- Engage in your hobbies.This is another way to take care of your mental with along with learning new at the same time. Exercises such as book reading or solving crosswords can help keep your mind active.
- Maintain a regular routine as much as you can by keeping your sleeping, activities & eating routines scheduled. You can do this simply by setting certain time limits for your everyday activities such as workout time, breakfast time, office time etc.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Drink water, have fresh fruit juices, coconut water or milk. These fluids keeps you hydrated and help strengthen your immune system. Right body hydration lowers the risk of infectious diseases or chronic illnesses.
- Eat healthy foods. Good nutrition is very important to have energy all the day. Whole grains, nuts, oils, fruits all are important to maintain a good balance of fiber, carbohydrates and vitamins in your body.
- Stay physically active and do exercise. During this pandemic condition, it is very important that you do exercise every day. Only 15-20 minutes workout could be enough according to your level of physical fitness, however, it is normally recommended to do at least 30 minutes exercise. Also, workout doesn’t mean that you have to do push-ups and pick dumbbells, you can even dance on your favorite music or swim.
- Take breaks from watching COVID-19 news.Watching out the number of cases everyday can result in a feeling anxiety and despair. However, it is also important that you are updated with the things, therefore, seek updates only from reliable sourcessuch as national TV channels or WHO so that you canstay away from rumors or scams.
- Try to stay away from smoking & alcohol. If you are habitual of smoking or drinking alcohol, you could be more prone to coronavirus. Smoking directly affects your lung capacity and thus can increase your chances of getting an infection. Also, alcohol can disturb your sleep cycle and weaken your immune system.
It could be sometimes very difficult to completely avoid smoking or drinking alcohol but you can limit the consumption.
- Don’t skip your medicines if you have any ongoing health condition. Follow the advice of your doctor and take your prescribed medicines timely. Connect with your doctor if you are feeling unwell. Take a phone consultation before visiting them.Contact health professionals in case of emergency medical condition. If you are suffering from a health condition that is not related to COVID-19, immediately consultto yourdoctor and follow their instructions.
- Seek psychosocial support if you are feeling extreme stress.Worry or fear for a several days in a row can negatively impact your health. Discuss with your close ones about your fear and try to get rid of it buy indulging in your favorite activities.
Keep reading our blog for more.