The outbreak of pandemic COVID-19 has killed at least 540,000 people globally till now and has affected more than 8.5 million. The cases are increasing at a high pace and Brazil has become the second country with the highest number of cases after USA.
WHO Chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesushas recently mentioned that the COVID-19pandemic is now entering into a new and dangerous phase of all and it is because of the rate at which the cases are increasing globally. He said:
“The world is in a new and dangerous phase. Many people are understandably fed up with being at home. Countries are understandably eager to open up their societies and economies but the virus is still spreading fast, it’s still deadly and most people are still susceptible.
“The pandemic is accelerating. More than 150,000 new cases of COVID-19 were reported to WHO yesterday – the most in a single day so far,”
According to his statements though governments are opening things in different phases after the lockdown they must understand that the coronavirus outbreak still pose a major threat. People are definitely getting tired of the lockdowns because of individuals’ economic conditionsbut people also have to consider that the risk has also increased.
Now as the risk has increased, they have to take care of themselves and their loved ones and these are some of things they should take care of:
Standard Recommendations to Avoid Exposure to Coronavirus:
- Maintain basic hand and respiratory hygiene
- Follow social distancing rules
- Avoid attending large social events
- Avoid close contact with people showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing
Things to Do On a Daily Basis:
- Sleep for at least 7-8 hours a day because having enough rest is very important.
- Keep yourself hydrated.Try to drink warm water only. Also, you can have fresh fruit juices, coconut water or milk.
- Eat healthy to maintain a good balance of fiber, carbohydrates and vitamins and other nutrients in your body.
- Make an exercise routine. Consider at least 30 minutes daily exercise.
- Avoid or limit the consumption of alcohol &cigarette smoking.
- Take care of your mental health. Stay connected socially.
- Do what you love. Engage in your hobbies. Try to learn something new.
- Watch COVID-19 news only on a regular interval just to stay updated.
- Don’t skip your medicines if you have any ongoing health condition such as diabetes, low or high blood pressure etc.
- Seek psychosocial support if you are feeling extreme stress. Worry or fear for a several days in a row can negatively impact your health.
Best Foods to Stay Healthy & boost Your Immunity:
You can include all different types of foods in your daily diet such as whole grains, nuts, oils, fruits,vegetables etc. Also,you should increase intake of immunity boosters such as Turmeric, Ginger, Garlic & Mint Leaves.
Here is a small list of different types of foods you can include in your diet
Grains & Nuts
Vegetables & Fruits
- Sweet Limes
Meat & Seafood
Food Safety habits to follow:
- Wash fruits & vegetables with clean water
- Keep food at safe temperatures
- Separate raw & cooked food
- Cook thoroughly (especially meats)
Following the aforementioned best practices, you can lower the risk of gettingaffected through coronavirus. Stay healthy. Stay Updated. Keep reading our blog.